Tuesday, January 7, 2014

From My Sketchbook: Chibis



Here are some Chibi versions of movie and T.V. show characters that I drew a while ago. Chibi style is related to the Japanese art style of Manga and Anime and literally means "short person." Its characteristics are very simplistic and drawn quickly, with exaggerated features to make the character look cuter. Technically, Chibis don't get this detailed, but I decided do it my own way.

Most of the characters are from the T.V. show Lost. Flynn Rider and Rapunzel, from the movie Tangled, were my first two attempts at this style. I had planned on doing a TON of other characters, but I haven't sat down to do any more for about a year now. Someday I want to draw more; it’s a really easy and relaxing art style to do and only took me about an hour to complete one character.






Here's a picture of "true" Chibi style (not done by me.)

Wikipedia
In an attempt to save money (in other words, being creatively cheap) I printed out scanned versions of the characters to tape onto the back of my ipod for some custom covers. This one of Charlie has been on the back of it for a long time, I've been too lazy to change it (plus, it's perfect for my ipod because of the guitar!)


No comments:

Post a Comment