Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Social: VIII

1. Favorite Scent

That's hard, I rarely pay very much attention to what I smell. I guess it would have to be walking along the road outside my house in late summer/early fall and there's an almost subconscious sweet scent of flowers, hay and grass.

2. Favorite Food

 My favorite food is food! If I had to narrow it down more though, I'd have to say anything with lots of cheese and nothing spicy. Mac-n-Cheese, Lasagna, Pizza, and Potato Salad are up there on the top of the list.


Gizmag


3. Favorite Sound

Laughter. From my family, my friends, little kids and strangers alike.

4. Favorite Picture currently on your phone

I took this picture from a book cover at Barnes and Noble. It's from the Halo series (evidently that's a book series as well as a first person shooter game?) and there's a soldier's helmet on the ground abandoned and a little girl looking down at it with the rest of a slightly futuristic feeling city world rushes by. It's haunting and it made me want to write the story - not the book's story, just a short story inspired by the picture. So I snapped a picture of it for later inspiration.




5. Best memory of the year so far

The camping trip I went on with my youth group in July is probably one of the best; all the Ultimate Frisbee we played and time just spent hanging out with my friends.

2 comments:

  1. #2 I said pretty much the same thing! I just love food, all types- it was hard to narrow it down. Laughter really is wonderful no matter whose doing the laughing!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter IS the best medicine. Great sound for sure!

    ReplyDelete