Monday, March 9, 2015

A Tomboy Designs a Dress

This outfit that I made as a project for my Design Class is inspired by men's fashion. I like wearing less feministic clothes, and am often uncomfortable wearing dresses, so I wondered what it would look like if I took men's clothing and made them into a feministic dress. My initial idea was to make a suit into a dress, but I decided to go with a more casual dress shirt and jacket combination. The boots idea was inspired by a lady I saw on TV who always wore work boots with really big, baggy graphic T-shirts that doubled as dresses. I thought the dress/boot combination was interesting. (And yes, the buttons, collar, and shoelaces are all pink)


Below is a collection of actual clothing items that match my design the closest, so it's almost as if it's really made!


Masculine Feminity aka A Tomboy Dresses Up



No comments:

Post a Comment