Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Late Mother's Day



May 13: Three Gifts Found in Your Mom

1. When she reminds me not to get upset over something Dad says
2. When she talks with others about my ranch eating habits and includes me in 
    the conversation as I walk by
3. When she tells me I don’t have a fever with such certainty that I believe her

This really should’ve been the prompt for Mother’s Day, oh well. Just because I feel like doing something different I’ll write this post in poetic format (that doesn’t mean it’ll rhyme, or sound good; it, most likely, will not, but it’s fun to write all the same!)

Of Mom

When Dad talks worry
And concern for my safety
As if I’m a little girl
Young and too hasty
She reminds me to breathe
To not get so angry.
And when I’m as stubborn
As an old mule
Mom speaks to my logic
And helps me break through.
When visitors are over
And she tells of my oddities,
Such as eating ranch on everything,
And she includes me in,
So I’m not a ghost
Walking by on the wind.
And when the fears come
Of sickness and fever
She feels my forehead
And declares that I’m fine
So strong, I believe her.
When fancies take flight
Leaving heart racing,
Fear filled thoughts,
My Mom is the logic;
The head to my heart.

Image Credit: Erica's Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment