Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Sign of a Smiling Snack



May 5: A Gift in a Sign, a Smile, and a Snack

1. The graphics for the Wide Awake Coffee Co.
2. A friend’s smile on a graduation invitation
3. Apple sauce in the morning

Walking down the grocery store aisle with my Mom, I see it and start laughing. It always makes me laugh. That graphic on the coffee bag, the one with an eagle but his eyes are bugging out of his head twice the normal size. That’s Wide Awake Coffee Co. for you. Today, the pink poodle with those same caffeinated wide eyes for the French Vanilla roast catches my attention the most. While Mom shopped for whatever she was looking for in that aisle, I just stand there and grin big at the bug eyed animals.


Going about my day, I end up passing by the cork board in the kitchen a lot. Mom puts all of the pictures that we get in Christmas cards onto this board. Graduation announcements get put here too. Whenever I pass by, my eyes glance over the wall of faces. Normally it’s mostly a lot of relatives that, although I recognize faces, can’t put names to. But this year there’s several pictures of friends mixed in with the group as well. Today, three graduation invitations at the very top draw my main attention. Seeing the smiles of three of my best friends causes an automatic smile to cross my face as well as I walk by with a basket full of laundry. 

A small container of apple sauce has been sitting on the top shelf of the fridge with my name written on it for the last few days. The first day I had gotten it out to eat with my meal, but after I cracked the seal, I realized I wanted cottage cheese instead. So I put it in the fridge to have as a snack sometime later (sometime is the key word). I tried to have it on Sunday, but with my stomach being unhappy with me; it only caused me to have a stomach ache. I pushed the plastic container away, giving it a confused and hurt look at its betrayal of me. This morning, I decided to give it a second chance and had it for my morning snack. It tasted beautiful and refreshing, everything unsweetened apple sauce should be. The half container satisfied me so well that I put back the granola bar, unopened.

No comments:

Post a Comment