Tuesday, November 26, 2013

From My Sketchbook: A Self-Portrait of the Soul


This is a type of drawing I like to do when I need to relax. Most often I try depict how I'm feeling through lines and colors. This one is an attempt to sum up who I am; so in a way it is a self-portrait of my soul. I don't know what these scribbles would mean to other people, but when I look at this drawing I feel the artwork more than see it; like a really good orchestra piece.
Here's a key of what the colors represent in this artwork for me;

Blue: Melancholy, tears, the sadness of a soul longing for something more
Red: Flares of impatience, anger, frustration
Grey: Depression, soul numbing nothingness
Green: Serenity, peace, contentment
Yellow: Joy, curiosity, laughter, happiness

In a way that yellow circle in the top right corner represents the true essence of who I am, with all the other lines and colors just being extra layers that life has added on.

No comments:

Post a Comment