Monday, November 4, 2013

Under the Fairy Lights

Today's prompt: "Imagine you are only seventeen right now, and your big 18th birthday bash is happening next month. How are you going to plan for it?"


First of all; I’m seventeen right now. No imagining needed.


Second; “big birthday bash” is not a part of my vocabulary.


Third; I’ve held for a long time that age doesn’t have any importance; so turning 18 or 30 would mean nothing special to me except that I’ve stayed alive for one more year. I refuse to let a number dictate how I’ll act and view life.


If I had everything my way, my 18th birthday wouldn’t look very much different from my last few birthdays. I’d spend a quite day with my family and we’d eat out at a restaurant of my choice. One year I ventured out of our normal spots and chose this place called The Anchor. Best English fish and chips I’ve ever eaten (can’t compare it to much though, since that was the first time trying the dish!), but the darker pub atmosphere was a little intimidating. After eating we’d come home and open presents and have cake. Not that amazing, I know, but it’s the way I like it.


But if I had to use my imagination and go all out; I wouldn’t find the task very difficult. I’ve always been good at dreaming up big impossible plans. Perhaps it would be a big Elven feast in the middle of a birch wood, with bright yellow leaves standing out against the pure white branches. There’d be a long table full of dishes inspired by Middle Earth, and everyone would be dressed up as the different races of Middle Earth. Magical looking fairy lights would be strung up among the branches and at night they’d be all lit up; dancing orbs of different colors. I can dream up this big surreal scene in my mind, which is very much like something that happened in The Fellowship of the Ring, because I don’t need to worry about anyone taking me serious about actually wanting something like this. 


I don’t need anything special for my birthdays. Birthday wishes from friends and family are nice, and that’s really all one needs to have a perfect day.

Indulgy

No comments:

Post a Comment