Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Traditions


Well another 4th of July has come and gone, and the family tradition was the same as always. Every year my family drives up to Lake Superior to have a barbecue on the shore with some other members of the family on my Dad's side. Everything was the same, same place, same weather, and even the same dishes that my family makes! The one thing I look forward to on these trips is the chance to climb the rocks around the shore line. There’s something about the huge boulders and the vast amount of water that makes me feel more adventurous than normal. But this year I did a little less climbing, that may be due to the fact that the night before I stayed up to 1 o'clock in the morning to watch the last episodes of Lost with my family, and then had to get up at 7 in the morning to get ready to go! On the way home we hit traffic and we crawled along slowly for a very, very long time! My sister got upset at the slow pace and told us to speed up, and complained a lot, when she was asked what she could do about it, she said she would throw rocks at the car in front of us! Well that led into an interesting conversation about juvenile detention, my sister asked if they would have toys there and I said the only thing different from a normal jail is that you wouldn't get put in the same cell with a murderer!
Happy 4th of July! (even if it's one day late!)

No comments:

Post a Comment