Thursday, July 14, 2011

From My Notebook: Battle


This is my first poem I wrote on my own, I don't know how many poems I was made to make in school but this is the first one I actually wanted to write. It is inspired by J.R.R Tolkien's masterpiece, The Lord of the Rings. This is a scene from the last book in the trilogy, The Return of the King.


The Nazgûl is slain by éowyn the fair
But I do not care, for all hope has turned to despair
For lo! In the water there comes a mighty fleet
And on its black sails, death comes to meet
But oh joy! What is this? Do my eyes lie?
For there out of the darkness shines seven stars in my eye
Aragorn son of Arathorn has come to our aid
Quickly let’s end this nasty raid
Victory is ours! Look at them flee
And soon the sun shall shine and all will be free!


No comments:

Post a Comment