Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Great Thing Called the Internet

The internet has been a useful tool for many years, but what we do on it and how we use it is ever changing and growing. I've read that by the end of 2011 it is estimated that about 20 average households will create more internet traffic than the whole world back in 2008! It's mind boggling to think of how fast this technological age is growing. There are some real gems on the internet and I always enjoy finding them, here are but a few of some of the things I find simply amazing.

The blending in man. These pictures are not photoshoped people, this is real! The man paints peoples bodies to blend into the surroundings!
This is my favorite one, he looks like a ghost, or a glass statue.
 If you want to see more here is the link; https://plus.google.com/photos/111480413428119678209/albums/5631896096550447121

These pictures are called cinemagraphs. These pictures are really beautiful and artistic, they're mind blowing!
If you want to see more of these amazing pictures you can check out this link; http://www.cocacolla.it/arts/jamie-beck-e-kevin-burg-cinemagraphs/?t=Jamie+Beck+e+Kevin+Burg+

Today we went to The Mall of America. MOA is one of my favorite places to be, even if, at the end of the day you have really sore feet! Lately, I've been paying attention to different fashion styles and trying to figure out what kind of styles I like and think express my personality. MOA is the perfect place to study fashion, not just what the people all around you wear, but also the styles displayed on one of the many mannequins standing in the store windows. I love the atmosphere at Mall of America, no matter how crowded it is, it still feels spacious. The Afternoon is one of my favorite stores there, it sells everything from strange smelling candles to crazy clocks, to a book about how to speak to a zombie! All of the items they offer there always feel fresh and different from what everyone else sells. It's a place that really sparks my creativity. Paul also wanted to go to the Apple store to buy a new mouse for his laptop. That was the very first time I've ever stepped foot into an Apple store. It was so cool! They had computers and ipads and other gadgets set out on tables for people to play with. But it was so busy there! People were everywhere in that store, and what's funny is that, right across the walkway is the Microsoft store, and it was practically empty there! I must admit that Apple has some amazing stuff, but I've always felt resentful towards all their gadgets. I guess it's because you hear about this new expensive thing they came out with that does everything, and the minute you turn around you find out they just came out with something bigger (or in some cases, smaller) and better, that makes your new gizmo look antique! Maybe it's also because I really don't want a part of the world that's constantly staring at a little electronic screen, the internet is all I need. Of course, I have the Nook, and a DS, and my brother has the PSP, and we have every big gaming system you can think of. We have the Wii, PS3, and the Xbox 360, but that's all thanks to Paul, he's a big gamer. Sometimes I ask myself if, when I'm older, I'll get one of those fancy smart phones, but my answer is always no. I would barely use a normal phone, and I most definitely don't need something to tempt me to be on the internet or some other thing all the time. It's hard enough to take a break from technology as it is! I'm not saying that people are wrong when they're constantly looking down at some type of gadget, in fact that would be me if I had more money to waste. I'm just saying that I want to stay in tune with the beautiful world around me, not a bunch of flashing pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment