Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Walk to the Library


The other day my sister and I decided, even though it was really hot outside, to go to the library. I was restless and in a bad mood, so I figured being at the library would improve my spirits, since I'm always happier when I'm surrounded by books. The first part of the walk wasn't too bad because it was mostly in the shade, but once we crossed an intersection the last few minutes of the walk was in full sunlight. What made it worse was that Emily had decided to wear her flip flops and by the time we got to the parking lot of the library she said she had a bad blister, and she didn't want to walk any further. We got into the cool library, hot and sweaty, and I hoped Emily wouldn't make too much of a fuss about her blister so that we wouldn't attract attention. I brought her back to the comics place and she sat on the ground reading Garfield, while I browsed the books nearby. When we started heading home Emily complained about a blister on her other foot. She wanted to take her shoes off, and even though I didn't really like the idea, I let her. I was very glad to finally get home after that long, hot walk. Next time I'll be sure to make Emily wear her tennis shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment