Thursday, July 7, 2011

Brainwaves on the Sand

Today was another nice day at the beach. I guess now that we have season passes we'll be going quite often. My mom invited two other girls from a girls group I go to, to come with us today. It was really fun, but there's not much to write about. We played monkey in the middle, charades and went diving for lost wrist bands that are used to get into the beach area. That's about all there is to say. Random fact: "a group of ferrets is called a 'business.'" If you like to learn something new all the time like me, then I think you'll like this blog, www.learnsomethingeveryday.com they update the blog daily with a new little fact. For a long time I've been hunting for an app or something that I can rely on for a new daily fact, but everything I've found either barely never got updated or it repeated the same facts frequently. When I found this blog I was so happy, finally I found something that is exactly what I was looking for! On the computer I like to mess around on a program called GIMP which is just like Photoshop except it's free! What I do most on it is take a quote or an idea and turn it into a picture. Yesterday I made the picture below, I got the inspiration for it from reading an article in a magazine about how anger is like a beast waiting to devour us if we give it the chance. This verse from the Bible was in it, "why are you angry, and why is your face fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it." (Genesis 4:6-7)

Here is a link to the whole article if you're interested in reading the rest of it. http://www.worldmag.com/articles/18273

No comments:

Post a Comment