Sunday, December 20, 2015

Church Surprises


Day 13 - Surprise Me Challenge
 
Surprises today

Going to church

Little kids reading their lines really well

Visiting with Supergirl almost as if no time had passed since we’d seen each other

An idea planned on, not only talked about

 
Church was the biggest surprise for me today. The fact that I went to church. After a night of Star Wars: A New Hope, eating out, and looking at Christmas lights with my family the night before, I had developed a terrible cough. The kind that makes you feel as if you’re going to cough out your lungs. Needless to say, when I woke up this morning my voice was in shreds and I felt just as yucky to boot. I prepared to settle down to a quiet morning all to myself. My plans however were interrupted when Dad and Little Sister decided to skip Sunday School and just go to the service. At the last moment I realized I was feeling better and decided to try and make it. Slip in, watch the Christmas program, slip out. That was my new plan. It didn’t happen quite as I figured it would though. But then, life rarely does. That’s what makes it one big surprising adventure! I ended up talking a lot more than I had expected. It was fun though to see people’s reactions to my frogy voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment