Saturday, December 12, 2015

Surprising Strength

Day 5 - Surprise Me Challenge

The first real surprise didn't come until the evening. Little Sister and I were hanging out in the school hallways, waiting for the elementary Christmas concert to be over. We arrived a little too late and there weren't any seats left. Instead of awkwardly standing in the darkened back of the seating area, Little Sister and I decide to wait in the hallways. The surprise came when I looked up and saw Superman coming down the hallway. I hadn't been expecting to see any of my friends till the high school concert began.

The second surprise came after the high school concert. Overexcited from being around so many people, I giddily decided to run through the dark cold night to our car. As I ran I felt as if I was flying, my legs moving powerfully with little effort. It was refreshing and I felt like I could just keep going and going for another couple miles.

Not too many surprises today, I guess. Who knows what surprises tomorrow holds, though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment