Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Morning Surprises

Day 2 of the Surprise Me! Challenge

An Arizona sunset sky is what first surprises me today, even though it's a sunrise. That's how I describe it when the sky is a teal-green blue peeking out beneath fierce pink and orange clouds. Whenever I look out at a sunrise or sunset like this, I have a strange feeling of being in Arizona.

The next thing that surprised me today was a "Good morning, Tina!" sung out cheerily from Honeylemon as she passed by the school kitchen. I was further inside the room, wiping down carts and she was walking in a hurried pace down the hallway, so it surprised me that she took the time to greet me. Another thing that surprised me was just how genuine her greeting felt.

The third thing that surprised me today was coming into the kitchen and finding that Mrs. Kent was the mom helping with the dishes today. The schedule said someone else was coming in, and Mrs. Kent wasn't scheduled till next Monday. They had traded days, I soon found out.


No comments:

Post a Comment