Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Surprised by Generosity

Day 9 - Surprise Me Challenge

I'm going to be honest. It's late. I'm dead tired. Writing this blog post is the last thing I feel like doing right now. But I've already started missing days - not in asking God to surprise me and noticing surprises - but in recording what I find. That's why I'm on here tonight, forcing myself to get back on track. Don't expect a masterpiece.

Two times today I was given gifts by people I didn't expect to get gifts from. One, at work one of the teachers gave me his Christmas gift because it had gluten in it, which he can't eat. And the other was tonight at youth group. When one of the guys found out I hadn't gotten a gift because I was taking pictures of everyone else opening gifts, he offered me a gift.

Another surprise came while I was mopping at work. I realized mopping's fun! Skating my boots on the floor, letting my body twist with the swipes of the handle. Sorta like dancing on ice.

As I worked on my school by a window today, I looked up and was surprised to see large fluffy snowflakes falling. It almost felt like a first snow again.

There you have it, not at all in chronological order or expounded upon. Something, something, something, and to all a good night.



ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment