Sunday, December 27, 2015

Surprising Dreams

Day 20 - Surprise Me Challenge

Today I was surprised by...

An alarm going off an hour earlier than it was supposed to

A good dream

The delicate pinks of an early morning sky

The way a clear blue sky pierced my heart

The refreshment of friendship

Fragile, surprising hope that maybe anger is gone

The strong oranges and passionate reds of a sunset sky even after the sun's gone down

One of the first surprises came in the early morning before I even had a chance to ask God to surprise me. Upon learning that my alarm went off at five am, not six am, I laid back down to go back to sleep. As I drifted off I wearily contemplated my previous dreams, realizing once again that they were cold, lonely and blue. The sort of dreams that makes sleeping almost more painful than being awake. They're the story of my life now a days. When I woke up again, though, I found out my dream had actually been a good one. It was warm and happy... I wanted to just stay in bed and fall back into it. I suppose that's the danger of having a good dream in a hard time in life. Still, I was thankful to finally have had a good dream. It game me the strength to actually get myself up a little quicker - well, that and the fact that I had now slept an hour over and needed to take a shower before church.




No comments:

Post a Comment