Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Blogging Challenge



I’ve come across this interesting challenge that I’ve decided I’m going to do. It’s a 31 day blogging challenge, where I’ve got to write a blog post inspired by a prompt each day. I know I haven’t been putting much on here lately, so I think this will be a fun way to get me writing again. I actually came across this on my older sister’s blog and thought that it was a good idea. (Check out her blog; She Turned Her Dreams Into Plans sometime, she’s a way more organized and better blogger than I am!)

Since I’ve only just discovered this, and it’s already Oct. 8th, I’ll just start from day one and keep working my way down, even if it goes into November a bit.

Today’s prompt: “Share at least five reasons why you blog”

I blog to…

     1.  Share my work and ideas with others. With my homeschooled, introverted life, I don’t share much with people outside of my family (or even in it!) so blogging is a way for me to put some of my ideas and views out there. As an artist and writer, it can get frustrating and sometimes seem pointless to write or draw something and then put it away in a notebook with no one to show. My blog is a way to show people what goes on in this mentally insane brain of mine.

    2.  Improve my writing skills. The more I write, the better I become; and blogging is another way for me to get more writing done.

     3.  Just for the challenge of it. I like to do things just to prove that I can. And blogging is another one of those things. It’s a fun puzzle to figure out sometimes; and I get to have a little corner of the internet to call my own. Plus, it’s really fun to mess around with the design and technical stuff that comes along with owning a blog.

     4.  Have a gallery for my work. With my blog, I can keep my best writings and drawings online and in order. It’s a lot easier to convince oneself that you’re a real artist or writer if you’ve got a “gallery” online to show off your work. Maybe it sounds a little prideful, but it’s nice to have a place online to see that my work is “published.”

     5.  Become famous! Yeah right, like that’s ever going to happen…


1 comment:

  1. Wow you're sister-bloggers! or blogger sisters? Hehe. Glad to have you on the challenge Tina! :)

    ReplyDelete