Sunday, October 20, 2013

Rain, Rain, Come Today


To challenge myself and help me step out of my comfort zone, I decided right from the start that I wouldn’t skip any of the prompts on this October Daily challenge… but I skipped yesterdays; naughty me. I was supposed to look at three other blogs from the participants in this challenge and write what I thought about them. That was just a little too far out of my comfort zone; I’ve never liked having to give feedback on others work. So call me lazy, but I skipped it. And that brings us to…

Today’s prompt: “What are the things you love to do during rainy days?”
Let me begin by saying that I’m a Pluviophile, which according to the dictionary means
 “A lover of rain; one who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.” 
All the rest of my family complains that the only thing they feel like doing on a rainy day is sleeping, but I always feel more energized when the skies cloud over. My mom says that my great-grandma was like that as well. A good rainy day is just the thing to get me out of a depression and start realizing that life is full of potential and joy again. Here’s a list of some of my favorite things to do on a rainy day;

  •  Writing curled up in a comfortable chair near a window
  • Reading with the window cracked open and classical music playing quietly with the rain in the background
  • Playing video games with my little sister (especially Kingdom Hearts)
  • Drawing or working on a painting
  • Going on the internet while listening to melancholy music (another odd thing that makes me feel better)
  • Laying on the floor, watching and listening to the rain fall while thinking and daydreaming

Most of these activities I’ll do on any day, rain or no; but rainy days always make these things more enjoyable and memorable.
 
Raining Thoughts by

No comments:

Post a Comment